Saturday, April 28, 2012

Adora's Search for Honor Part 1: Chapter 9

Adora’s Search for Honor
Part 1
Chapter 9

Previously: Glimmer and Bow received helped from She-Ra. Mermista and Perfuma brought Adora to the Whispering Woods, while Glimmer designated a group to go to the Crystal Sands. Madame Razz also seemed curious about Adora and a connection to She-Ra… Meanwhile in another part of the universe on a planet called Eternia, Prince Adam was adamant about using a new portal device created by Man-at-Arms. Adam’s reason to use this portal device is rather simple; he wants to save the twin sister he just found out about. His journey to save Adora though hit a snag when he was rendered unconscious and taken to the Fright Zone by Mantenna and Grizzlor…

Chapter 9

Hordak is sitting on his throne in the Fright Zone. He is feeding his pet Imp the remains of a carcass. Laughing with glee at his pet, Hordak hands Imp another piece of rotted flesh. The small dragon squeals in hunger. “Oh Imp, your hunger impresses me. I will have to find a good use for it one day, won't I?” Always thinking of the next step, Hordak ponders what he could use Imp for. A loud noise is made as the heavy doors to the throne room are thrust open. Hordak looks up as Mantenna and Grizzlor enter his chambers, dragging a man behind them.

Full of annoyance, Hordak snaps, “What do you think you are doing in here? I have no reason to talk to the two of you right now…” Not wanting to waste a moment and risk falling down the trap door, Mantenna speaks quickly, “Hordak, we found this man on the outskirts of the Fright Zone. He was on Trap 236. Grizzlor and I do not recognize him as a slave.”

“Let me be the judge of that. Get out of my way Grizzlor.” Hordak brushes past Grizzlor and looks at the new visitor. Hordak studies his face.

“What do you think Hordak?” Grizzlor asks, curious about the fate of this stranger.

Lifting the stranger's neck and looking closer at the face, Hordak registers nothing special. The fearsome Horde leader stands, “I think this man means nothing to me. Drop him in a slave cell.”
Mantenna and Grizzlor pick the man up and prepare to drag him to a slave cell. Remembering one last detail, Mantenna stops, “Hordak, one more thing. He had this on him.” Mantenna removes a gleaming sword from the man's holder. The sword looks like a power sword, just like the one Hordak had stolen on Eternia many moons ago.

Staring at the sword in shock, Hordak pauses. Continuing to stare at the sword, Hordak is uncertain about what is going on. He does his best not to let this confusion register across his face. Taking another look at the stranger, Hordak notices a familiar crest on the man's belt, “What is this?”

Mantenna and Grizzlor both look at each other. Neither one knows what to do, but both look down to make sure they are nowhere near the edges of the trap door.

“Mantenna, get me Shadow Weaver immediately.” Hordak demands and starts to laugh. He can’t believe this is happening. That crest. It is from the House of Randor, this must be the prince, Hordak tells himself, unsure if this is all a dream. The Horde is getting a second chance...

“What is so funny Hordak?” Grizzlor asks.

“The House of Randor. I don’t believe it.” Hordak looks at Grizzlor, snarling out a laugh, “It would seem that luck has fallen on our side.”

 ***
A day passes and a group of heroines prepare to head to the Crystal Sands. In search of the mysterious Sun Tower, the Rebels are hoping to speak with Peekablue: a magical woman that will hopefully lead the Great Rebellion to Queen Angella's location. Double Trouble and Glimmer are getting some items packed up. Mermista is deep in conversation with Frosta and Perfuma about their imminent journey. Madame Razz has just returned from visiting a resting Adora. They are all awaiting the arrival of She-Ra. Madame Razz told everyone she had sent out a magical message for She-Ra’s help. Now everyone is hoping she will arrive. An impatient Frosta has her arms crossed, “How long are we going to wait? I need to be getting back to Castle Chill.”

Double Trouble looks at her, “Then why don’t you just go back now?” Laughing while keeping her cool, Frosta taunts, “Because darling, you may all need me for this excursion.” Rolling her eyes, Double Trouble continues to assist Glimmer with some packing. She has nothing against Frosta; however the two do not always mix well together. Especially due to recent events.

Noticing the slight tension, Glimmer puts down a canteen of water. She tries to ease the anxiety, “How is Adora doing?” Madame Razz pipes up, "Well I just left her. She is still resting. I'll be looking after her while you are all gone."

Mermista whisper silently to Perfuma, "From what I understand Madame Razz wants Adora to be left alone so she can get some much needed rest. I think Razz might be placing specific spells on her." Perfuma nods in understanding, hoping that Adora will be back in perfect health soon. Glimmer nods and tries to think of something else to say, but is grasping. The Rebel princess looks at her friends. They are all experiencing varying levels of stress. Frosta is concerned about her kingdom, her home. The stress of being a double agent walks across Double Trouble's face more and more. Mermista and Perfuma are both concerned about the Rebellion. There is so much stress looming like a cloud over everyone. A noise is made between some trees.

The women all turn as a figure walks out into the clearing. The clouds of burden are lifted as they all look before them; She-Ra is there. Everyone is glad to see her. The rebels are in awe. Frosta can't look away, I'll be damned, she is real.

“Hello.” She-Ra says simply. The people standing in front of her are not strangers, yet She-Ra must pretend that they are. No one can know about her dual identity. Glimmer is the first to approach She-Ra, “I am so glad you are here. Thank you so much for helping us.”

Smiling She-Ra motions, “Once Madame Razz contacted me I knew I needed to be here. The Rebellion is important to me. I may have been away all this time, but I am here to help. Etheria must be protected.”

Introductions are quickly made as the group prepares their trek to the Crystal Sands. Frosta is still surprised to be meeting She-Ra. The icy empress does her best to keep her cool. Madame Razz says her goodbyes and waves. The group begins their long walk through the Whispering Woods, traveling towards the arid climate of the Crystal Sands. They decided it would be safer for them to travel on foot this trip. It would take longer, but they would also use the time wisely. Along the way She-Ra tries to get to know everyone. This whole experience is odd for She-Ra, because as Adora she has known some of these people for a long time. However, she is learning about them in a different light. She finds out that Frosta has an attitude, but one that is covering her concerns for the future of her kingdom. Mermista is a quiet and wise woman who seems to look out for everyone else. She-Ra wonders if Mermista ever really looks after herself. She-Ra finds herself laughing at most of what Perfuma says. Perfuma seems to enjoy smiling and enjoying the beautiful things in life. She-Ra also is in awe of Glimmer, who is the youngest out of the group. For such a young soul, Glimmer has had the weight of Etheria on her shoulders. Double Trouble is the one person that She-Ra wants to talk to the most. In time the group makes it to the Crystal Sands, a vast desert made up of shiny particles of sand. Long ago the story is told that a large battle was waged between giants made of crystal. The giants all fought endlessly until their bodies shattered into millions of tiny pieces after fighting for a thousands of years...

After some brief stops to rest and map their way the group eventually splits into pairs. Glimmer leads the way with Perfuma. Frosta and Mermista follow slightly behind, while She-Ra and Double Trouble follow further back.

Frosta and Mermista take the time to catch up on a few things. “How was your time at the Crystal Falls?” Frosta asks Mermista. Frosta feels bad for Mermista. They both came from royalty and though they both lost their parents, Frosta has still had her childhood home. Mermista has nothing but an abandoned undersea kingdom. Mermista looks at Frosta, “My visit was different from the other times. Obviously there was the situation with Adora, but this time I just swam through the city’s remains. I wasn’t trying to find any more information on my birth or my ancestors. Or how they were all slaughtered by the Horde. I just wanted to see the buildings that my ancestors made. To imagine what life must have been like when there had been greater numbers. I wanted to see as much as I could. So I swam. I must have stayed underwater for a few days.” There is much sadness behind the mermaiden's words.

Shivering at the thought of being so alone underwater, Frosta smiles to herself, “Darling I do not know how you can handle all of that. Everything you have found out, I wouldn’t want to know.” Mermista scrunches her nose, “I have no other choice. I have to know. My parents were the king and queen of this glorious undersea kingdom. Somehow I am the only one left.” Shaking her head, Frosta spits out, “I hope there comes a day where we can truly make Hordak pay for what he has done to all of us. My parents were so dense. They put me in that ridiculous Horde Academy thinking it would help Etheria. Only they left themselves vulnerable.”

“Frosta, were you scared after they were killed?” Mermista asks. The two friends have danced around the topic. They have rarely ever fully discussed the emotional ramifications from such horrific acts. Frosta always likes to keep topics frozen at the surface. However, Frosta is starting to crack as the years have gone by, “Of course. I was completely lost. I had been so young when they were murdered. I had to leave the Horde Academy, thank goodness. Of course, I left one nightmare only to begin another once I took over the Kingdom of Snows. Alone. Sometimes I'm not sure which was worse.” Frosta knows which one is worse though...

“Do you ever wish you had someone to share the kingdom with?” Mermista looks at Frosta. Love has a way of being elusive when people are constantly fighting to be free and safe. However the topic of love is never ignored, it is more like a dream. Something like a fairy tale. Frosta shrugs at the question, “I have never found someone. The men in the Kingdom of Snows are delightful, but darling, they could never handle me.”

Mermista laughs. It is hard to imagine anyone being able to handle Frosta. For fun, Mermista runs through another potential paramour, “What about someone like Bow?” Nearly tripping over her high heeled feet, Frosta groans, “Bow? Mermista, really? What is he going to do, play the harp for me? Sing me silly sweet nothings? No thank you.”

Dropping her mouth in protest, Mermista says, “Oh Frosta! Bow is a nice guy.” Frosta shakes her head, “Maybe for some woodsy whispery type, but I am the Empress of the Kingdom of Snows! I need someone extraordinary. Preferably with hulking muscles. I want to be with someone incredibly powerful and strong... Someone like me.” Mermista pats Frosta’s shoulder, “Good luck with that.”

Up ahead Perfuma and Glimmer are embroiled in a conversation about the Horde and plans for the Rebellion to save Etheria. Having listened to Glimmer just enough, Perfuma groans, “Glimmer, I am not sure I can continue talking about the depressing world we live in right now. Could we change the subject and not mention the Horde for maybe a few moments?” Realizing that the conversation has been spent a great deal on the Horde, Glimmer nods, “You are right Perfuma. I’m sorry; I just get caught on a tangent. What do you want to talk about?”

With a mischievous grin, Perfuma knows eactly what she wants to discuss, “We could talk about what is going on with Bow and you.” Instantly forming a blush, Glimmer asks, “What is going on with Bow and me?” Perfuma dances around Glimmer, “I don’t know, you tell me?”

Glimmer brushes Perfuma away, “I have nothing to tell you Perfuma.” Rolling her eyes, Perfuma sighs, “This is going to be like pulling teeth. You have a crush on Bow, just admit it. Caught off guard, Glimmer stammers, “I do not!” Shaking her head and far from giving up Perfuma playfully points a finger, “You can’t fool me Glimmer!”

“Why are we even talking about this? There are bigger things going on in our lives right now.” Glimmer states, ready to go back to addressing plans to stop the Horde. Perfuma continues on her mission, “No, now is the perfect time to talk about this. Glimmer, we are traipsing through a desert! A desert! Frosta is practically melting in her boots. We never stop trying to do the right thing to protect Etheria. Now is the time to just talk about something fun and frivolous. Like your crush on Bow, so start talking.” Perfuma playfully jabs at Glimmer.

Glimmer stammers again, “I… I… OK! I like Bow. I have liked him for some time. He has been very caring and has helped me through a lot. He is also very easy on the eyes, and while we were in Mystacor, Castaspella had this huge celebration. There was great music and plenty of food. Bow and I danced, and it was just perfect. I wanted time to stop…” Perfuma looks at Glimmer, “I am so jealous.”

Glimmer pauses, her heart stopping in dread, “You like Bow too?” Laughing, Perfuma shakes her head, “Oh no! He isn’t woodsy enough for me. No, I am jealous that I wasn’t at this great party! Castaspella always throws a good party.” The two women laugh at the statement and Perfuma becomes more serious, “Are you going to tell him Glimmer?”

Glimmer stares ahead at the expanding desert before them, “I don’t know that I can ever tell him.”

“Glimmer, you have to. If this is how you fell, he should know.” Perfuma can't believe that Glimmer would keep something like this to herself. Shaking her head, Glimmer knows it would be too difficult to ever say a word, “And risk him saying he isn’t interested? Nah. I’d rather take my chances fighting a thousand Horde Troopers.” Perfuma rolls her eyes, “That is not true. You would get so tired after the first few hundred. I think you should tell him. You may be surprised by his answer.” Always amazed by Perfuma's optimism, Glimmer looks at her friend, “Maybe. I’ll think about it.” Perfuma smiles, "Good. Now we can go back to plotting the downfall of the Horde!" Perfuma throws her right arm around Glimmer's shoulders. The two laugh and Glimmer feels rather well.

Further back She-Ra and Double Trouble are in a conversation all their own. She-Ra asks, “From what I understand Glimmer is your cousin?” Double Trouble nods, looking ahead at the bright pink head of hair on Glimmer. Thinking of what it must be like to have family, She-Ra smiles,“That must be nice.”

Double Trouble looks at She-Ra, “It is nice. We were much closer when we were younger, but with everything that has gone on recently, we haven’t spent a lot of time together.”

“Is this due to you being a double agent?” She-Ra is slightly aware of this answer, however she wants to learn more about Double Trouble and what she went through to be a spy. This part of Double Trouble's past is so new to She-Ra/Adora. Thinking of her answer, Double Trouble says, “I have spent a long time trying to make up for what I have missed out on. Being a double agent for the Rebellion has allowed me to help the people I care about, but it has also had its own price.”

She-Ra asks another question, “How was it that you even became a double agent?” Double Trouble laughs, “It was a case of having the right ability. I have always had the magical power to alter my appearance. As a result I was the perfect person to create this dual identity.” Motioning a hand over her face, Double Trouble creates a few different looks in an instant. Some seem sweet and kind while other images look mean and evil. She-Ra is in awe, “That is a big responsibility that was put upon you.”

Reflecting on her own personal journey, Double Trouble nods, “Yes it was. I was ready to protect the Rebellion and find ways to stop the Horde. It has not always been easy though. Having a dual identity... it can harm people.” Having her own dual identity, She-Ra takes that last sentence seriously, “What do you mean?”

“Isn’t it obvious? My role as a double agent nearly cost a dear friend her life. Adora, the woman you helped on Skydancer Mt, the Horde thought she was the one spying. She nearly died. Being in the position that I am in, well, it has come with a heavy price.” Double Trouble has no idea how she would be reacting if Adora had actually died. She-Ra touches Double Trouble’s arm, “Your friend is alive. Double Trouble, you have made a sacrifice to help people. I am sure your friend understands. Please do not torture yourself over this.” She-Ra so badly wants to tell Double Trouble who she really is. She wants to inform her friend that Adora made the choice to fight Catra and protect Double Trouble's secret and that everything worked out in the end. Adora is She-Ra: The most powerful woman in the universe.

Taking comfort with what She-Ra has said, Double Trouble suddenly asks, “Why do I get the feeling that I know you?” Carefully, She-Ra pauses, “I have no idea.” Shrugging her feeling off, Double Trouble goes on, “Either way, thank you for listening to me.”

Smiling and nodding, She-Ra finds herself asking, “When will you stop being a double agent?” Double Trouble pauses, “I have no idea. Maybe until the Horde is gone? I am not sure.” This concerns She-Ra. If Catra had fought to kill Adora; what would she, or any other Horde member, do once they found out the truth about Double Trouble... She-Ra shudders at the thought and asks, “Aren’t you ever worried that you will be in danger?” Double Trouble thinks of the many answers she could give and rests on this one, “There will always be danger; I can’t let that get in the way of what I must do.” Understanding Double Trouble's positon, She-Ra knows that is what any of the Rebels would do. The two continue to talk. At some point She-Ra feels something move underneath the sand. Ignoring the movement, the two woman walk on.

As the three pairs walk further across the Crystal Sands, they all eventually start to notice the air picking up. Particals of sand whip around, clouding parts of the desert. Looking around, the women soon find themselves caught in a massive sandstorm. Glimmer calls out to Perfuma, “This sandstorm is getting worse! I’ll shoot out some flares of light so the others don’t get turned around.” Perfuma nods, “I hope we can find a safe place out from this storm.”

The other two groups notice Glimmer lighting the way through the sandstorm. Everyone hurries to catch up. The sandstorm picks up and everyone is worried that they won’t be able to get through the massive gusts of sand fighting its way across the land. Perfuma and Glimmer are the first to stumble across a rocky formation with a hanging ledge of rocks that can cover them all from the sandstorm.

Continuing to send out flares of light, Glimmer tells Perfuma, “I hope everyone else can see the light.” Glimmer also hopes no one has gotten hurt. Mermista and Frosta make it to the rocky formation next. Frosta is furious and cursing the amount of sand in her hair. Mermista is uncertain if She-Ra and Double Trouble were close behind or not.

Time seems to slow down as everyone waits in anticipation for She-Ra and Double Trouble. The sandstorm has gotten much worse and Glimmer’s light flares are no longer visible…

Finally She-Ra and Double Trouble rush under the rocky formation. They are out of breath but safe.

“This is just wonderful. What do we do now?” Frosta says shaking more sand out of her hair. Mermista creates some water and gets Frosta’s hair wet, “We just wait for it to go away. Hopefully it will.”

“I think this is a challenge. We have to prove that we are worthy of making it to the Sun Tower.” Glimmer says. Frosta rolls her eyes while working on her hair, “Darling that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.”

Eventually the group notices that the sandstorm has begun to calm down. She-Ra walks out from the rocky formation and looks around. “Alright, the sandstorm seems to be over. It appears though that we have another problem.” She-Ra motions for everyone to come out and look. In the distance there are three sand twisters that are quickly heading towards them. Perfuma is bewildered, “What are we going to do about that?”

Frosta laughs, “Ha! This is nothing. I think you should all pay attention. Now.” Without any other word, Frosta runs towards the twisters. Double Trouble looks ahead at their new threat, “I hope she knows what she is doing.”

Running straight for the closest sand twister, Frosta uses her ability over ice to create a moving sheet of ice beneath her feet to transport her faster towards the sand twister. Approaching the massive whirling beast, Frosta is careful not to get caught up into the fast moving twister. With the sheet of ice beneath her feet, Frosta bends her knees slightly. Lifting her feet up, Frosta wraps the ice around the base of the twister. The twister becomes stuck in place as Frosta glides the sheet of ice upwards in a spiral formation around the twister. There is a spiral of ice anchoring the sand twister into place. Eventually the sand stops moving, dissipating into thin air. Frosta jumps off the sheet of ice and leaps into the air.

Small formations of ice are created in the air for Frosta to step across. After each step, the previous pieces of ice fall to the ground below. Walking across the sky, Frosta heads to the next twister. The group is watching all of this and Perfuma says, “She is such a show off.”

Frosta tackles the second twister from the top and slides towards the ground. The sheets of ice under her feet stay solid for a good while, long enough for the twister to be a faint memory. The third twister is taken care of in much the same way. Once she is finished she walks back towards the group dusting sand off of her. The group heads towards her.

She-Ra looks at Frosta, “That was impressive Frosta.” Smiling with an air of power, Frosta crosses her arms, “I know She-Ra. What else can I say? We now have a clear way to the Sun Tower.”

Suddenly the ground starts to move and She-Ra recalls the similar movement from earlier. “Careful everyone.” She-Ra says drawing her sword as she notices something moving underneath the sand.

The movement speeds up and travels towards the location of the frozen spirals of ice. Instantly the ground starts to open up and a large sandworm bursts through the sand thrashing about and shattering the ice spirals. Looking at her shattered sculptures, Frosta gasps, “Well that is just rude.” She-Ra motions for everyone to head back to the rocky formation. Frosta is not listening. Mermista calls out, “Frosta come on! That thing is huge!” Flipping her hands in the air, Frosta shouts, “Please, that thing does not scare me.” Frosta strides towards the beast cursing at the top of her lungs.

The sandworm flops to the ground and opens it's mouth exposing rows of sharp teeth and lets out a loud noise that sounds like a growl or burp. It starts sucking in all the sand in the surrounding area. Frosta loses her footing and starts to slide with the sand towards its mouth. Frosta is nervous but quickly shoots out a thick wall of ice that prevents her from flying up into the sandworm’s mouth.

Back at the rocky formation Glimmer looks at everyone, “Alright Frosta is about to be a frozen dinner, what should we do?” Looking towards Frosta, Mermista groans, “The wall that Frosta has created isn’t going to hold for long. We need to hurry.” Nodding in agreement She-Ra begins thinking of a plan, “First things first, that sandworm has got to be stopped.”

The sandworm stops inhaling the sand and lifts its head up into the air. Looming near Frosta, the sandworm spews the sand out all over the place. Some of it gets on Frosta. “Oh I do not believe this!” Frosta screams as she feels sand mixed with bile soaking into her hair and clothing. The sandworm lets out another noise.

Looking on at Frosta's horror, She-Ra has an idea and realizes now is the time to give her plan a try. “Come with me Perfuma!” She-Ra grabs Perfuma as they run towards Frosta and the thick wall of ice. “She-Ra what are we doing?” Perfuma shouts trying to catch up.

The two make it to Frosta. She has gooey sand all over her. Grimacing at She-Ra, Frosta tries to wipe sand vomit off her, “Darling, as much as I love visitors, I don’t quite understand why you would want to come here.”

“Frosta, can you put all three of us on a sheet of traveling ice?” She-Ra asks, ignoring the sand vomit, and instead proceeds with her plan that involves killing the sandworm. Listening carefully to what She-Ra wants to do, Frosta smirks, “Looks like that is our only choice.” Perfuma looks worried, “Are we sure we want to do this? I don't think it means us harm.” Frosta laughs, “Oh you silly girl, it is either us or that thing. And quite frankly, I am tired of crap in my hair.” This silences Perfuma.

Frosta quickly creates another moving sheet of ice while She-Ra and Perfuma jump on. Frosta travels upwards towards the sandworm, looping around its head. She-Ra quickly jumps off the ice and lands at the top of it's head. Before the sandworm and shake her off, She-Ra slams her sword deep into the creature. The sword is stuck in, She-Ra is not going anywhere.

The furious sandworm starts thrashing about causing a bit of a problem for Frosta and Perfuma, who are still on the moving sheet of ice. Frosta is gliding and dodging the ice around the sandworm trying not to get knocked off. “Perfuma, get ready!” Frosta shouts.

Perfuma closes her eyes and produces a handful of flower bombs. She is uncertain if this should be happening. Perfuma does not want to hurt any living creature on Etheria; however the sandworm could very well kill them. Frosta glides the ice near the creature’s mouth and yells for Perfuma to throw the flower bombs. Nearly close to dropping the bombs Perfuma quickly takes hold and is able to toss the weapons into the sandworm’s mouth just in time.

The flower bombs enter the sandworm and She-Ra follows her plan. She holds onto her anchored sword and runs, slicing the sword down and around the sandworm’s neck. Still holding onto the sword, She-Ra jumps off into the air as the sword slices through the underside of the sandworm's mouth. With that type of wound, She-Ra is easily able to remove her sword before falling to the ground.

She-Ra looks up as the sandworm tries to spit the flower bombs out, but cannot. Her swordplay has disabled the sandworm from throwing anything up. The flower bombs soon detonate. The sandworm can do nothing and lurches forward as tiny powerful explosions go off throughout the sandworm’s body. She-Ra, Frosta, and Perfuma make sure they are out of the way as the sandworm starts to disintegrate into shards of crystal sand.

Everyone meets around the remains. Looking at Perfuma, She-Ra can tell that the flower maiden is upset, “Perfuma, I am not proud that we had to kill this creature. You have to understand though, we were not going to make it otherwise.” Perfuma purses her lips, “I understand She-Ra. I just hate that this has to happen. I don't like seeing the loss of life.” She-Ra understands and realizes that saving life is always the ideal. However there will be times when saving a life, or lives, requires much more than a peaceful solution. Sometimes a life has to end...

Having enough of the conversation, Frosta groans, “Darling, I highly doubt this sandworm is even a real being. It appears to be nothing more than crystal sand. So shall we move past the sappy feelings and finally get to the Sun Tower?” Double Trouble shakes her head, “Always good with words.”

The group starts to head towards the Sun Tower. Perfuma stays a little behind and kneels at the remains of the sandworm. She touches the crystal shards and drops some seeds on the sand. Twirling her fingers she causes something to grow in its place. Perfuma walks away as a cactus sprouts from the sandworm’s remains. A lone bloom sprouts from the top.

Luckily the journey becomes simple. The Sun Tower looms in the distance and becomes closer with every approaching step. Soon everyone marvels at the steps of the Sun Tower. It is a tall gleaming tower in the desert. The steps lead up to a tall door. The group has some new company. Glimmer is caught off guard when she spots Castaspella at the door with two mages. “Castaspella, what are you doing here?” Glimmer asks.

Before answering, Castaspella says her hellos and is introduced to She-Ra. “It is nice to meet you. As for my being here, I traveled with some mages to see Peekablue. I decided to stay because she told me she could see that there were visitors arriving. She is waiting inside.” Castaspella says. Frosta brushes past, “Wonderful to see you Casta, but if you don’t mind I really want to be inside and away from the desert. Hopefully this joint has a bath.”

Castaspella looks at the dried sand vomit on Frosta and laughs, “I take it you all had an ordeal getting here?” She-Ra details the ordeals that they recently went through. Castaspella understands, “Every visitor to the Crystal Sands is put to the test. It is a way of making sure that only certain people make it to the Sun Tower. I think of it as the perfect defense system.”

With the doors wide open, the group heads inside. Castaspella’s two mages stay outside.

“This place is stunning," marvels Mermista as they all take in the grand hall. The gilded walls have tall statues against them and the ground is a sparkly golden crystal tile. The group walks towards a woman perched on a gilded seat with etched feathers on the sides of the chair. The woman has green hair with large full feathers behind her each with a similar unique design at the tips of the feathers.

Castaspella introduces everyone to Peekablue. Nervously smiling, Peekablue has never seen this many people up close, “I could see that you were all making your way here. I must say though, I have not been prepared to see this many people in here at once.” Peekablue tries to center her breath, she wants to focus and be present.

Glimmer steps forward, “It is so nice to meet you.” She-Ra agrees, “Yes, we are glad to be here.” Happy to be meeting them too, Peekablue knows that there are bigger issues than simple greetings, “You are looking for someone.” Nodding, Glimmer smiles, hoping for help, “My mother. We are hoping you can tell us where she may be.”

Peekablue knows this already. She closes her eyes, “Let’s see what I can do.” The designs on her feathers start to glow, resembling eyes of some sort. Double Trouble looks at Glimmer with concern. She-Ra hopes that Peekablue will be helpful. Frosta is skeptical about being in the golden Sun Tower, she also really would like clean clothes. Mermista and Perfuma are wondering what will happen next. Castaspella knows that they are all meant to be in this moment together. There is such excitement in the air, Castaspella wonders if this is what the magic of destiny feels like. Glimmer is hoping with all of her heart that Peekablue will help locate Angella. Time has already passed so much, Glimmer just wants to find her mother.

Peekablue opens her eyes and prepares to speak…

Up next!!!
Hordak learns about the presence of a certain muscle bound female…
Peekablue may have some answers…
And what in the heck is going to happen to Prince Adam?

No comments:

Post a Comment